On 7/17/2018 5:51 PM, John Simmons wrote:

> Same here in Minnesota... BUT! Motorcycle vanity plates are available,
> but Motorcycle ham plates are not. Emails to congressmen on the DMV
> committee have been ignored. Maybe I should try the Governor?

About 25 years ago I tried to assist a California ham in his effort to
get his call sign on a "special series" plate (as contrasted to a "plain
vanilla" plate) after DMV rejected it.  I happened to have a personal
link to the state senator who was the chair of the committee overseeing
the DMV.   His staff assistant looked into it and related that the DMV
computer was so old that it could not be reprogrammed in the field to
permit this, and that the funding for the new computer was circulating
somewhere in Legislative Limbo.  I love(d) California but there are
limits... :)

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
ARRL Volunteer Counsel

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest