Bob, I know this isn't exactly what you describe, but it's a hack I thought
I'd mention.

I like the P3 for Search & Pounce in RTTY contests, but it's very tiresome
to use the QSY knob on the P3.

Rather than using the P3 marker/QSY function, I found I could get similar
results by using VFO B, A/B, and A>B on the K3, but that's tiring as well.

So, I gutted out an old optical mouse except for the switches and scroll
wheel/encoder, and stuffed an Arduino Nano inside.

The Nano's USB port is plugged into the computer and assigned to one of the
virtual ports of Win4K3, so it looks like a serial CAT device to the P3/K3.

The Arduino's code has two states: Hunt and Devour.

The Right button puts it in Hunt mode, where the scroll wheel adjusts VFO
B. I scroll VFO B to the next RTTY signal on the band while working one on
VFOA.

When my QSO is done, a click of the wheel puts it in Devour mode. This
executes A/B, then A>B, so both VFO are now on the new frequency. In this
mode, the scroll wheel controls VFO A for fine tuning to zero in and devour
the prey.

Once I start that QSO, I click the right button to enter Hunt mode, and the
cycle repeats.

I call this gadget the RTTY Kitty, or the CAT-n-Mouse.

Of course, general purpose mouse support on the P3 would be much more
versatile, but this works pretty well for the specific purpose I had in
mind, and it was fun to do.

I suspect something similar could be done with a KPod, but I don't have
one, and dead optical mice are plentiful.

73 de W0ZF