You do not need the "CATA1ASC " commands to key the K3/K3s via the CAT
control link.

Look here:
<http://n1mmplus.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Supported+Radios&structure=
N1MM+Logger+Documentation#K3_and_K3S>

The K3 can accept PTT switching from several sources, including: a keying
circuit from a serial or parallel port to the K3's PTT IN; PTT from a
Winkeyer; RTS (pin 7) on the radio control RS232 port; using "Radio PTT via
command"; or VOX
It is better not to use multiple methods of PTT control in parallel; in some
cases, and depending on which version of firmware is installed, doing so can
leave a K3 stuck in transmit at the end of function-key messages. You should
not check "Radio PTT via command" if you are using RTS on the radio control
port, or any other hardware PTT connection, to control PTT
** Procedure for configuring RTS on the radio control RS232 port: Starting
with the K3's CONFIG:PTT-KEY set to OFF-OFF, check the CW/Other box beside
the radio control port in the Configurer and configure N1MM+ to control PTT
from RTS on the radio control port (Port setup), and then set the K3's
CONFIG:PTT-KEY to RTS-OFF (or RTS-DTR if you are also using CW via DTR)
Warning: leaving RTS set to Always on with the K3's CONFIG:PTT-KEY set to
RTS-OFF or RTS-DTR will cause the K3 to be permanently in transmit

The K3 accepts CW keying on DTR (pin 4) of the same COM port you're using to
control the K3. This method can be used when other methods (e.g. Winkeyer or
a keying circuit on a separate COM or LPT port) are not available
CW and radio control on the same COM port do NOT work in SO2R mode
CW on DTR does NOT work with some USB-to-serial adapters (e.g. Prolific
chipset - may depend on the driver version)
CW on DTR may be missing some capabilities and may have other undesired side
effects - use at your own risk
** Procedure: Starting with the K3's CONFIG:PTT-KEY set to OFF-OFF, check
the CW/Other box beside the radio control port in the Configurer and
configure N1MM+ to use DTR for CW on that port; set the K3's CONFIG:PTT-KEY
to OFF-DTR (or RTS-DTR if you are also using PTT via RTS)
Warning: leaving DTR set to Always on with the K3's CONFIG:PTT-KEY set to
OFF-DTR or RTS-DTR will cause a permanent "key-down" condition

73, Ted W4NZ