I agree with Don, why not do AFSK and eliminate all the extra hardware and cables?  No one except you will know the difference.

73
Bob, K4TAX

On 8/30/2018 12:20 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
Peter,

You will have to gain access to the RS-232 DTR or RTS signals.
If you do not have the P3, you can insert the RJ45 to serial port dongle and pick the signals from that connector.  Although I have not tried it, I believe it will work. You will also need to use a "one transistor keying interface" (google for it) to convert the signal level to TTL for driving the ACC connector FSK pin.

If you do have the P3, you can add a "Y" cable to the P3 connector labeled "PC" to gain access to the serial port signals.

Actually, you will likely find it easier to use AFSK A and drive the audio from the internal soundcard in the K3S.

73,
Don W3FPR