Chris;

The FTDI drivers are now maintained by Apple (since Mac OS X 10.9), so there is
no need for installing the ones from FTDI. In fact you probably should
uninstall them to allow the Apple drivers to do their job.

But this isn’t an I/O issue. This looks like there is a corrupt file the
application is trying, but failing to read. There should be a crash dump that
was created when the program crashed. Open the Console app (in
/Applications/Utilities) and look in the various directories it shows for an
appropriately named crash log. That should tell us a lot more.

One question - did you try to copy a file from a Windows machine into the Mac
for this application?

Perhaps David (the app author) might want to jump in here as well. He might
have a much better feel for why we are seeing these errors.

73!
Jack, W6FB