Keith:

A good source of information for obscure calls is:

http://www.ik3qar.it/manager/

Although this is primarily a list of QSL managers, it quite often includes direct addresses and other contact information. It is a fairly exhaustive list of rare DX stations and includes many calls not listed in QRZ.COM

73,

Steve
AA4AK