Rick and everyone - There should be NO fans running in the power supply after turning off the RF deck from its front panel.
Are you sure the RF deck front panel is OFF? (No lights on the RF deck FP)

The PS fan runs from the same supply that supplies the 50 V to the amp. That supply is definitely turned off when the RF deck front panel is off, which also kills the PS fans. The fans have absolutely nothing to do with the 12 VDC supply going to the RF deck.

In any case, no not modify how voltage is supplied to the RF deck, as this will not fix anything and will definitely void the Warranty.

If you are not able to resolve this issue contact our team at supp...@elecraft.com or via the phone and we'll help you figure out what is happening.

My only thought is that there could be a short in the control cable between the amp RF deck and PS that is keeping the 50V supply and fans on in the PS. (Or on one of the connectors in the RF deck or PS.) Our support team will help you debug whatever is happening if its a hw issue..

73,
Eric
/elecraft.com/