1.  Call CQ at "your speed".
2.  QRS is a perfectly acceptable Q-signal in mixed company
3.  86 the keyboard and send with paddle/bug/J-38
4.  Listen around the QRP frequencies ~.050 - .060
5.  www.sotawatch.com & call summit activators.  short exchanges
6.  Join SKCC
7.  Don't join SKCC but look for them
8.  Check into your local NTS section/state net [usually 80 m evenings]
9.  Monitor around .028 and call those at your speed [CWops hangout]
10. Ask for a sked with another Elecrafter here.  I'm available]

That should get you started.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn