The basic K2 power ouput indication is very accurate when operating into a
50 ohm non-reactive load.  If it is driving anything other than that load,
the indication will be inaccurate - he basic K2 does not have a wattmeter, t
does have an RF Probe type detector which reports the RF Voltage to the
microprocessor and the 'power' is computed based on the assumption that the
load is 50 ohms.

If the KAT2, KAT100 or KPA100 is intalled, the RF Probe type detector is not
used, but the real wattmeter in these options is used instead (the firmware
knows which to use with no user input), and the power readings on the K2
will be asaccurate as your calibration allowed.

Be aware that wattmeters are notorious for inaccuracies, many staqte their
accuracy based on a percentage of full scale - even the Bird does this, so
with a recently calibrated Bird with a 100 watt slug, the error can be as
great as 5 watts anywhere on the scale.  How many hams have properly
calibrated wattmeters?

Youn can actually calibrate your wattmeter with the RF Probe in the basic
K2 - all it takes is a known non-reactive 50 ohm load.  I use 1% precision
thick film power resistors, so I know my dummy loads are good to 50 MHz or
more, and with these loads, I know the base K2 power indication to be
accurate.

If you have the basic K2, the power control circuits will adjust the power
to make the RF voltage at the power detector probe equal to that required to
produce the requested power into a 50 ohm load -- but if the load is
different than 50 ohms (as it will be with a 1.2 SWR), then the power
indication will not be correct - tosay how far off it will be requires
knowledge of the resistive and reactive components of the 1.2 SWR (all 1.2
SWRs are not equal, the range of possibilities form a circle on the Smith
Chart).

73,
Don W3FPR