I've experienced some of these same issues with my KPA-1500.  In addition,
sometimes the amp will switch to stand-by for no apparent reason, on 6 meters
the AT won't tune a 1.7 to 1 SWR under 1.5 to 1, and one of the exhaust fans
got a good deal noisier after about 25 hours of operation.  My amp is back at
Elecraft for service as I write.

73,
Dick- K9OM