If you truly want to understand SWR, I recommend you pick a frequency and
make up a 1/4, 1/2 and 1 wavelength sections of 50ohm coax.

Then measure the SWR at those points into various different resistive
loads, like 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 and 200 ohms.

I think you will find the results very interesting.

Mike va3mw