Hi John,

Per your suggestion, I ran a sweep of my 40 meter vertical with the K3 /
K3EZ software.

I then measured at ~20 kHz steps with my MFJ-259B.

Both sets of measurements were taken from the PL-259 that plugs into the rig
or 259B.

Conditions were ~60 degrees F, ground nearly saturated.

Attached is an image of the results.

Kindly,

Dick - KA5KKT

Hi Dick,

An EZNEC and SimSmith model of the on ground 1/4 wave vertical:

https://www.kn5l.net/images/SS-KA5KKT-vertical.png

SimSmith R1 represents ground loss, the value set to establish a 50 ohm load
at the transmitter, G in SimSmith.

According to the models, the 7 to 7.3 MHz SWR is a little below 1.3.

A flat measurement using the K3 SWR meter seams reasonable. My suggestion is
to use a Antenna Analyzer to measure the antenna and system.

John KN5L