From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Robin Kiszka
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 3:40 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KX3 battery problems

Hi,

Some time ago I purchased a KX3.
It is fitted with the battery pack and I have always used rechargeable AA cells.

I have the following situation...

The radio turns on but after 2 seconds shuts down.
I have checked all cells and they are good 1.18 V.
The radio works fine when standard non-rechargeable cells are used.
The radio also works fine when using a PSU.
I have ensured the menu allows a minimum battery level of 8V, but it makes no
difference. The radio still shuts down.
When I kept the BAND- and AUTO TUNE buttons pressed, I get a blank display with
MC LTU on it ?

What can I do to remedy this problem and ensure that I can use the rechargeable
cells?

Thanks
Robin
OZ6AM