Something I learned from one of our "tech reps" regarding rechargeable batteries and charge cycles.    I have successfully applied his advice for a multitude of and different types of my rechargeable batteries.

If you use a battery and then recharge it, that is one charge cycle.   Likewise if you should use only 10% of the battery capacity and recharge it, that is also one  charge cycle.   And in the same vein, if you use 90% of battery capacity and then recharge it, that is also one recharge cycle.

The point, every time you use the battery, regardless of the amount of discharge, and recharge it, that is one charge cycle. In other words, don't recharge until necessary.   And never leave a battery in the discharged state.  Always charge to full capacity.   Short charging cycles, because one perhaps is in a hurry and can't wait, only subtracts from the total number of charge cycles available.    And there are only so many charge cycles with each type of battery.   So every time you use and recharge a battery, click off one charge cycle.

I've practiced this with several different types of batteries and find that my batteries last much longer and need less frequent replacement.

73

Bob, K4TAX