There is no access to FSK-D using CAT commands other than those supplying ASCII strings.

FSK-D can transmit using paddle (not straight key) input, ASCII text, the FSK pin on the ACC connector (with a one transistor keying interface) or from the Terminal screen of K3 Utility.

I do not know of any software applications that support other than keying the FSK pin (except for K3 Utility).

If you can deal with soundcards, AFSK-A is usually a better choice for RTTY. Many software applications support it.

If you want to use FSK-D, you will have to suffer with the extra cables, and with the advent of the KIO3B interface, it is more difficult to use the RTS or DTR RS-232 signals from the computer. You might be able to pick those signal off the RS-232 dongle that comes with the KIO3B, and run it through the One Transistor keying interface to activate the ACC connector pin, but if you have the P3 connected with the K3S and using the P3YCBL, getting access to that RS-232 signal becomes more difficult. A standard RS-232 "Y" cable may make it possible.

73,
Don W3FPR