Use external audio processing, otherwise a compressor or limiter, with variable attack and release and threshold and ratio controls.   Then follow that with a small power amp to drive an external speaker.     Frankly, I doubt you'd like the results.

I find it better to not use the NR feature due to the artifacts introduced into the signal  and I find it much more satisfactory to correctly adjust the Attenuation and RF Gain.

73

Bob, K4TAX

It would be really great if the AF gain was automatically to keep the audio
roughly level when NR is engaged. This drives me nuts, always riding the gain
back and forth. I’m sure the gain adjustment would be different for different
conditions, but at least get close.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood
CM87wj
http://observer.wunderwood.org/ (my blog)

On Jan 11, 2019, at 8:38 PM, Mike Lichtman via Elecraft