On 1/22/19 12:57 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>  A small remotely tuned loop (say 12” diameter) would seem to be the best
> choice, as it would fit entirely inside a small backpack. It could have
> modest efficiency while not requiring a counterpoise wire. Rigid 1” copper
> pipe formed in a square would be convenient to deploy.

[Deletia]

> Any other antenna suggestions?

I tried a 52ft 26ga wire J-pole/Zep on the line of a 5ft parafoil kite,
with 50ft of kite line above the antenna, and another 50' of RG-174
between the antenna and the radio.

I'll grant that this is not as invisible as your idea. But I felt
reasonably inconspicuous working SSB with cell-phone type earbuds
(w/mic), and the KX2 in an open waist-pack, out in an open field of a
large city park. People just thought I was on a phone call while flying
the kite. It helped that there were several other kite-fliers in the
park that day.

It was not a particularly good day for propagation, but I did work Las
Vegas and Spokane from Silicon Valley with under 10W on 20m.