Mike,

That sounds like some old component failing as it warms up. Have you checked
all electrolytic capacitors in the circuit(s)? I have a couple of radios from
the '90s that I've had to re-cap, and my 1993 Ford truck has three
electrolytics in its main engine control computer that were bad. I'm sure that
there are other active components that could fail, but lately, my experience
has been that electronics from the '90s and early 2000s seem to have bad
capacitors fairly often.

73, Jim KO5V

"Jim I use a resistordivider to get the right level to the k2 and also
ferritcords on all cabels that
enter the symetrix.
I have the same level of the distortion if I run 500w with amp to an antenna
or only
1w to a dummyload so I hope I am right to rule out rf feedback as the cause.
Also that I have used the same setup for many years without any problems
make me
think that something has happend to the k2 but I can be wrong.

The strange thing that is confusing me is when the k2 been turned of over
the night
there is almost no distorsion when I start to transmitt .
then it slowly arrives in the first couple of minutes.

73 Mike sm3xgm"