Mike,

There is very little change in current for the low level stages between receive and transmit, but the RF amplifier stages Q5 thru Q8 draw more current in transmit.

Have you checked your power supply to make sure it is not producing ripple or low voltage during transmit. A low power supply voltage will increase the IMD significantly. Check the power supply connections as well. Monitor the voltage the K2 sees during transmit by using the K2 display function rather than measuring the power supply voltage directly.

73,
Don W3FPR