Don,

I finished the amp a few weeks ago. Both the amp and the KAT100 in the EC2 have
been working as they should, and I've made many QSOs, many with transmit times
long enough to cause the fan to switch to the high-speed.

When I started looking for this problem, I found the transistor mounting screws
loose (Forgot to check them!). After I tightened them up, the amp passed the
resistance checks in the manual.

J3 is correct, I checked the K2's supply voltage at the cathode-end of D9, and
measured +12V. It is then blocked by D9.

When I measured the KPA's power supply's no-load voltage it was at the Power
Pole end of the cable, so the fuse and cable should be good. When the power
supply is connected to the KPA, I measure 1.5V across J3.

Measuring between ground and J3+, I see a momentary continuity indication. On a
higher resistance scale, the resistance started at at >10k ohms, then reduced,
eventually going through zero, and then back up to a very high resistance. It
looks like the meter might be charging a capacitor (C83?).

I'll check all of the soldering, and the 12PA points.

Thanks! 73,

Jim KO5V