Don,

It is all working again!

The power supply's negative terminal was the problem. The terminal wan't
falling off, but the internal side of the plastic feed-thru washer had cracked,
and about half fell off inside. That caused it to loosen up slightly. Without
the KPA hooked up, it supplied the LP-100 with enough current, and it measured
the correct voltage, so I assumed it was OK, and eliminated it.

I also mentioned that I was having trouble getting the K2 to communicate with a
logging program, and again, I was convinced that my home-built multi-cable
assembly was the culprit. It is now working. I replaced the BRAND NEW 6' long
DB9 to DB9 serial cable (purchased from a "large on-line retailer"), with an
old one I bought years ago at Radio Shack.

I have a lot of experience that tells me that I should check my work first, but
now I know not to trust everything else - even if it is new.

Thanks again for your help. 73,

Jim KO5V