As far as 'purpose,' I don't recall that Elecraft has ever made a formal
statement on the matter.  I for one appreciates 'some' of the other than
'Elecraft technical' that goes on.

I do not receive the messages via email.  I do keep a browser page open most
all the time I'm at my computer.  The browser page lists the topic and
poster and I can ignore what doesn't interest me.  It only take a couple of
seconds to scan the posts after a refresh.

I have no need nor interest in managing posts via email.

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2019-March/date.html

.just have to update the link monthly.

Dick - KA5KKT

I have been under the assumption that this group existed as a technical
support center for owners/users of Elecraft equipment: A place to ask
questions and learn about the operation and use of said equipment.

I see no reason for long discussions regarding DX/contest operations,
the rules, politics, or other trivia of same in this group - a group
supporting the technical issues of owners/users.

Am I correct that this is a technical group? Or, is posting space to be
taken up by non-technical discussions of which many users have no interest?

Bill W2BLC owner/user