Seems like you need to decide what you want to do with a radio, which radio
will do best for what you have to spend, and get that radio. Why wait
around for something that might or might not be in the future and may or
may not fit your needs better in some incremental way? You will never know
if a K4 is coming until Elecraft actually announces it.

Chip
AE5KA