I adore my Grey Line system, and still have a few XVs here to
complete.  I understand it is technically inferior to my K-Line, but I
enjoy it more. The K1's receiver, in particular, is delightful.  A K2S
would be tremendous, even if the instructions involved a toaster oven
(which I use often for SMD single sided boards). Baring that, I would
ask for other useful hands-on ham-radio kits that are not plug-in
boards.

When I first sold all of my Y-line appliances and built a K1/4 kit,
nothing prepared me for the instructional value of tuning an inductor
with a plastic probe! So valuable to me, I cannot even describe it.
Then, of course, I had to learn morse code to use it, which is another
story.

I fully understand that Elecraft needs to make commercial products
that are profitable enough to support the business. But a guy can
dream.  I'll buy two, I promise.

73, Byron N6NUL

- www.cqp.org