The config file includes compensation values for the devices in a specific
radio. Loading it into a different radio would mean a serious realignment for
that radio.

This is a huge hole in the Elecraft utilities. It should be possible to save,
load, and share the menu settings. I’ve lost count of the times someone has
asked how to reset the rig to defaults and I’ve had to say “Sorry, can’t do it.”

Even better, think about a checklist for which values you would save or load.
Someone could share a file with TX EQ and compression settings, for example.
Then separately, share AGC settings.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood