They are going to want to know what is going on with the input power. The
burned resistor (twice!) is a very good indication that there is indeed too
much power flowing into the KPA’s front end at times. It is quite possible for
any transmitter to put out more power than spec at times, especially if it is
not properly calibrated.
There are many rigs that as-designed have a bad tendency to overshoot
drastically on key-down, then settle to the power they are supposed to be
putting out. An analog wattmeter will not be fast enough to show the problem,
but the amplifier’s input definitely sees it.

You need to get them to fix the KPA’s input circuit, but you should also
investigate your transceiver to find out why it is overshooting at times.
Perhaps it is in need of a fresh calibration or something else might be going
on.

73!
Jack, W6FB