Here we go again with K4 Talk <smile>

The "jury" seems split on touch-screen or manual controls. I suggest this as a compromise:

Provide basic radio (say 50w with 13.8v output devices for portable use). I bought a K3/10 to start out. Then a KXPA100.
Offer 200w 50v final as option.
Basic radio would have manual controls like the K3/K3s.
Offer a touch-screen option which would include P3 capability in a separate cabinet with mouse/keyboard I/F.

Keep the firmware concept flexible with upgrades with an efficient cpu and OS.

Have IQ baseband output for running various digital modes on customer's computers (maybe with wifi so one could use an ipad or equivalent). Or maybe bluetooth. I'm sure wireless is a rapidly changing field so will not speculate what would be best. USB computer I/F like the K3s

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com