From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Kevin, N4TT
Sent: 17 May 2019 15:45
To: Elecraft Reflector Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] Quandary - Anyone Seriously Considering the
Alternativeto the K4?

Hi:

I plan to drop my use of Flex radios this year. Until yesterday, I had the
new FTdx-101 and a K3S in mind but I'm not in a big rush and was hoping the
rumors of a K4 would turn out to be true. Have to admit, I'm surprised by
how fast it was announced.

So I'm wondering what other people might be thinking about what seems to be
two or three great options (Ftdx, K3S, K4). We can do this by direct mail
if you like as I don't want to turn this into something it isn't meant to
be. I'm just looking for other hams that might be thinking on the same
options and maybe want to bounce some ideas around.

My goal is a purchase by March 2020 but by the end of the year if I can
pull it off. I'll have a 6500, 6700 and Maestro to offset the costs. I have
a KX3 I'll be keeping for days in the fresh air.

73,
Kev N4TT