Gm Group
I connected a newly acquitted “twin” Amp and Tuner in a separate enclosure
setup this weekend.

While bench testing with a dummy load  I noticed that I would get high a
current message if the power setting was turned over midway, and the amp
was trying to produce more than 100 watts!

I disconnected the Amp and Tuner, continued to test the bare K2.

On 40 meters my power setting  wasn’t tracking the actual output.
The actual power out was a lot higher than the radio’s setting.

I downloaded the calibration instructions and continued testing.

When I Set the power to 2 watts and attempt to peak the 40 meter coils,
The power goes up to over 10 watts?

I pulled the lids and looked at the connections around the 40 meter coils,
also I did a reflow on the connections in that area.

I’m trying to understand the cal instructions?

If you set the control at 2 watts and peak the two coils, and the power is
higher, how will it track accurately?

I’m trying to decide if I have a problem
With my Radio, or am I just not understanding the calibration instructions??

I went to Don’s website and downloaded his condensed instructions, but I
was too tired to give them a try!!

Thanks in Advance
73
Johnny AC0BQ