Hi Wayne & Eric,

I’ve asked this question twice already with no answer.  Perhaps it’s the way I
phrased it.  So, let me ask it a different way:

1.  Noise Blanking:  On the website, under K4 FAQ - Performance Differences, it
says "In a direct-sampling radio like the K4, the DSP can “see” a wider
bandwidth in its signal chain, allowing it to provide higher-performance noise
reduction, noise blanking…”  Can you quantify the improvement of the K4 over
the K3S regarding noise reduction and noise blanking?

2.  Sensitivity:  Rob Sherwood’s transceiver test data shows the following
sensitivity for the K3S (in microvolts):

0.27
0.20b <http://www.sherweng.com/table.html#key>
0.0810 <http://www.sherweng.com/table.html#key>

b  Built-in preamp actuated
10   10 meter data, preamp ON

How does the K4 compare with the K3S on this measure of sensitivity?

Thanks in advance.

John
WA1EAZ

Sensitivity