Check the pins on the RJ-45 connector on the K3S. They can be damaged if you
accidentally insert something besides the RJ-45 plug. You may be able to
straighten them, but if that object was metal and the K3S was powered on at the
time there is probably going to be other damage.

I would remove the cable from the P3, then resigner it just to make sure. Also,
to make sure - if the RJ-45 is _not_ plugged into the K3S, does the USB
communications work properly? I think that is what you are indicating. If so,
the connector and the cable are suspect.

73!
Jack, W6FB