Hi Fred  (Skip)

Sadly, many of those are splattering so wide that you can hear them on the
opposite sideband.  Unfortunately, a report of great audio does not mean
great IMD performance.

Don't take this the wrong way, I am not saying you have bad IMD it just
that you can't relate the 2 has being an indicator.

With a good radio and a good waterfall you can see it plain as day.  There
are a few locals (aka here in ve3 land) that I 'watch' routinely with their
top end Yaesu's (5000's) and they sound awesome, but they have the absolute
worst splatter you have ever seen.    One guy on 80M was absolutely
understandable when I listened to him on USB.

Nate, glad you got it figured out.   I'm sure we have all been there (me
included).

73 all, Mike va3mw