Jim -

I have no answer, but mine has always been extremely critical. I can set it
for 4 bars... and it won't budge... but I can't set it for the 5th bar
blinking... it goes from 4 solid to 5 solid no matter how much I play with
the various level controls. I don't do a lot of digital work, so I am not
really too concerned. There may be something I am missing, but I just leave
it at 4 bars and hope for the best.

Dave - K9FN