This is why the K4 (and a small number of other transceivers) include "active
predistortion" capability in hardware. It adapts the drive power to the
response curve of the PA stage. The K4 also has an TX sample input to include
an external amplifier in the correction loop. (The KPA1500 has a TX sample
output for this purpose.)

We expect to post numbers significantly better than the industry's typical
3rd-order intermod performance at 100 W, which stands at about -30 dBc (ARRL
method).

73,
Wayne
N6KR