On 11/7/2019 12:47 PM, Tox wrote:
What can people suggest for quasi-affordable*RF-quiet*  4k displays in
the 27-40" range? (I'm not averse to buying something like one of the
midtier Samsungs, but do not have enough left in the wallet to
consider things like OLED).

Why 4K? I own a half dozen 23-in 1920x1080 Samsung displays that nominally use 14VDC, but run just fine on 12-13VDC. The major source of noise for most displays is the switch-mode power supply (wall wart) that provides that DC voltage. I cut the cable for the noisy power supply, splice it to an old linear supply. I've gone a step further -- I run the monitors in my shack from a big 12V battery that runs other ham gear, and float-charge that battery with a suitable charge regulator.

Since I bought these (about $200 each), the trend has been to higher DC voltage. Also, larger and higher res displays tend to use higher voltage.

73, Jim K9YC