Since getting my hands on the used KX3 and ancilliaries that came with it, I've
been spending my spare time going thru the manuals and finding the various menu
items hands on the rig.  I've updated the firmware in the KX3 and PX3 but
haven't done anything yet with the amp.  One thing I notice is when I set the
delay to zero and key the rig with VOX ptt set so there is no RF everything
seems smooth.  When I actually run RF into a 50 ohm load I notice the RX
doesn't recover very gracefully between DIT's (running 20wpm or more) and I
hear a really distracting audio disturbance on the speaker.  I thought it might
be from pushing the little speaker too hard and had audio gain way up because
no antenna was connected so I tried again with phones and audio gain down
around 20 and it is still there. AGC is off. Preamp on/off doesn't really make
any difference. Filter settings make no difference.  If I set delay to 005 ms
it is gone but then I can only hear between letters and words wh
 ich is not full QSK.  I can live with this, but before I bought this rig
people I talked to told me the Elecraft rigs have really great QSK and I was
expecting to run with zero delay.  Is what I am hearing a sign something isn't
right with this rig or do others get a similar experience? Have I missed
something in setting up for full breakin?

Joe ve3vxo