Agree with Kent. Amateur radio is already enough on its own, because it’s so
varied. There’s no need to make it what it is not in order to attract those who
don’t see its value. Communication is merely one aspect. Certainly it’s a fun
aspect, but it’s only one. Big deal. Worldwide communication. We’ve been doing
that for ages now. Worldwide communication without infrastructure? Now there’s
something to talk about, but again, you have to see the value. Experimental
modes? Want to learn about how stuff works? I think that targeting makers is
absolutely a natural extension and a reasonable audience. Amateurs have always
been makers, after all, repurposing and reusing and building what is needed. To
us, it’s the most natural thing in the world…now that it’s mainstream, yes,
let’s capitalize on it. But there really is no need to change what we are, or
what our service is, or repackage it. Amateur radio really is enough on its
own.

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: bu...@brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962