Bill, if you want to get in at least some ham radio action you might consider using TeamViewer (free for private use) to link up with a friend who trusts you and is willing to let you tap into his station to operate FT8 via the internet.  QST had a recent article on it and it's pretty simple to set up.  I have a friend who is stuck in a condo and he has used my station several times to make contacts all over the world that way.

It's not the same as chatting with some interesting DX, but it's not a whole lot different than what passes for most DX contacts.  You could even operate one of the FT8/4 contests that way without being at much of a disadvantage.

73,
Dave   AB7E