I'm trying to set things up so that I can disconnect my 160M transmit antenna whenever I'm receiving, to prevent noise coupling into my RX antenna.  My thought is to use the Key Out jack on the K3 to control DC to a relay at the base of the antenna,  floating the base of the inverted L unless PTT is asserted.  The lashup is complete, and works when I short the phono plug manually, but not when I plug it into the KEY OUT jack and energize PTT.

I'm hoping it's just a menu issue, but my manual doesn't show any menu options affecting the Key Out Jack.  I have a KPA-1500, and Low Power Key Out via the ACConnector works fine for controlling the amplifier, so I assume the basic functionality is OK.  Any advice?  I'd really love to get it going for the Stew tomorrow!

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network