-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:18 PM
To: Jean-Francois Joly; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Q: Building the K2

Hi Jean-Francois,

  Congratulations on your upcoming passing of the CW exam.  Also, I think
you've made a great choice in going with the K2, its a great rig.

  I don't think that you need too many tools out of the ordinary to build the
K2, but it is certainly is a great opportunity (or excuse) to buy a bunch of
neat stuff.

  Among the tools I bought, using the K2 as a reason (or excuse) were:

        a Panvise with the Printed Circuit board holder attachment
        a de-solder iron (got lots of use from that)
        a magnifier/flourescent lamp
        a temperature controlled soldering station (with lots of different tips)
        Silver bearing solder (before they said not to use it)
        Kesters multi-core solder (after they said not to use the silver stuff)
        a solder pot and a bar of solder (which I used before placing my order
with toroid guy!)

  Of course after you finish the basic K2, they temp you with all sorts of
things you just have to have, like dsp filter, ssb, et al.

  All in all building the K2 was a lot of fun and a very satisfying experience.
 Have a lot of fun building it and don't forget to post your questions here,
these guys have seen it all and they are a great help.

  73 de
Tom
WB2QDG

From: "Jean-Francois Joly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>