Bill,

Is this into a dummy load (bypass the ATU or tune the ATU into the dummy load). If it is into an antenna, there are a whole lot of guesses about how the antenna behaves with higher power levels than your antenna analyzer shows. So check it with a dummy load to eliminate the possibility that the problem is in the antenna.

Put an external wattmeter in line with the dummy load to eliminate questions about the calibration on the K3 wattmeter.

If you can measure the actual current drawn, that would also be helpful.

73,
Don W3FPR