Well there is one exception to the idiot-proofing and that occurrs if you use macros that have the PCxxx command in them for setting power.  Under certain conditions if a PCxxx command is used in a macro it can overide the CONFIG:PWR SET Per bAnd setting.  I have removed all PCxxx commands from my macros until I understand this completely and have tested each macro.

I got the following from Elecraft Support and have been testing each macro to determine if the PCxxx command creates a problem. Nothing replaces the Mark1 eyeball to verify,

de Dave K5MWR

Power Set/Per Band is activated at the time of a band change. If your macro runs after the band change, the macro dominates--and vice versa. (The last one rules, in other words). Similarly, if the amplifier changes from STBY to OPER after the macro runs, the power will change to the stored OPER power level.

Note that it is likely that if your macro sets a power level, that level will become the new default power for either the K3's STBY or OPER transmit level, depending upon which mode the K3/amplifier is at the time the macro runs. To use even more words (hi), if the amp is in OPER on 20m and you run a macro setting TX power to 75W, that will be the stored power level--whether you transmit or not. The next time the K3 is on 20m and the amplifier is switched to OPER mode, the K3 will return to that last-used AMP = OPER mode power level of 75 W. (And the amp will throw an overdrive fault when you transmit).