Jay, W6CJ wrote:

Has anyone found some universal wire antenna lengths that will work
with the
KX-1 and internal antenna tuner - over all four (80, 40, 30, 20) bands?

  I bought a 50ft roll of speaker wire from Radio Shack and un-zipped the two
wires so I had an antenna wire and a counterpoise. It turned out mine was 51
and a fraction feet long. I have not experimented with different lengths, just
used what came on the spool. I find it loads very nicely on all 4 bands with
the antenna wire as a sloper or inverted L, and the counterpoise stretched out
or even place in a square or circle (e.g., around the periphery of a hotel
room).

  Your results may vary, of course.

  73

  Ray K2HYD