From: Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco....@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 1:58 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net; ae...@carolinaheli.com
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 75ohm Impedance question K3S and Antenna side.

I don't think you need a unun because the additional loss due to SWR running
RG/6 at 2:1 is only 0.381 dB, and the unun itself would certainly have some
loss.
But the loss in 200' of RG/6 even at 1:1 is about 2.9 dB! That is almost half
your power. RG/8 would have only 1.9 dB loss, and with a probable SWR of about
1.5:1 you would have a total loss of 2.2 dB.
Even better would be Belden 9913 or similar coax, which would give you a total
loss of 1.6 dB.
All these facts and more are available at
<https://www.qsl.net/co8tw/Coax_Calculator.htm>

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel