I think Brasso is too corse - it will polish metal, but the plastic is much softer. Just my opinion. If the scratches are deep, that may be the way to go, but you will need something less abrasive to polish it.

Back in the dark days when I was repairing IBM typewriters, we had some plastic polish, but it worked only slightly better than a bit of oil on a cloth - rub with a bit of pressure and scratches can disappear - as long as the scratches are not deep. The friction does the job.

Go to your auto parts store and ask about plastic polish.

73,
Don W3FPR