Wow - something I know something about!

In real life I'm an A&P (aircraft) mechanic, and this sort of scratching is
not uncommon on small unpressurized aircraft. Novus is great stuff
particularly for painted surfaces, but if you have the time and really want
to do clear acrylic "right", get a Micromesh kit.

For example, I've used this kit (
https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Mesh-NC-78-1-Acrylic-Restoral-Kit/dp/B00EKLU5QY )
professionally more times than I can count. That said, I'd recommend this
for a onetime use (
https://www.amazon.com/SANDING-SHEETS-INTRODUCTORY-Peachtree-Woodworking/dp/B000H6HIK2
)
it's a lot cheaper, but it has all the same grits.

Instructions are here:
http://micro-surface.com/images/products/inst_88STPinstr.pdf

The key to using Micromesh, however, is commitment. When you use the first
grit (use a small amount of water and a back and forth motion) it will
scare the living bejezzeus out of you, as the whole surface will now be
scratched, but just keep going until the original scratches are gone (the
surface is uniformly scratched up), then repeat 8 more times with smaller
grits. About the third or next to last grit, it will really look good, and
by the 9th, it will be optically clear.

Anyway, I've found that to work better than Novus for acrylic - the price
is about a wash, but MM takes more time. But when you charge by the hour....

... and that ALL having been said, I'll bet you that the cost of a
replacement cover from Elecraft is cheaper still :)

Good luck, let me know if I can help.

73 DE AJ0V/Richard

--
Regards -