Great suggestions Don. I will do as you suggest: read the options' literature and prepare myself for them while still preserving the incremental approach as far as possible. Headers and push on jumpers instead of wire jumpers are a sure bet. Thanks for the other suggestions.
I am sure I will need the group's wisdom to tackle some problem before long.
Thanks,
Raj

Don Wilhelm wrote:

Raj,

Since you appear to be relatively skilled based on your list of successful
projects, you could decipher the installation instructions for each of the
options and as a minimum, install the headers and use jumpers pushed into
the header pins instead of soldering the jumpers onto the K2 boards.  I do
it that way most of the time during construction.  The KNB2 requires
changing resistors on the RF board, but the K2 will work just fine if you
install the resistor and jumper as instructed in the KNB2 manual (just don't
do IP3 measurements without the 6dB pad in the KNB2 installed).  C167 can be
inserted into the KSB2 header, and C6 can be inserted into the K60XV 3 pin
header.  I recommend that you not install D19 and D20 nor change C71 to the
120 pf value until after you have completed the K2 without the K60XV
option - that will leave you with one capacitor (C71) to desolder.

One caveat - if you do not understand completely what to do and how to do
this, then build it step by step as instructed in the manual.  There is not
really a lot of desoldering to be done when installing these options.

Your other possible path is to buy the 'Rework Eliminators' and follow their
instructions.

73,
Don W3FPR