{I changed the topic for good reason.}    Was " K3S poor CW keying further investigation"

Lee brings up a good point with regard to power supply terminals.

If you have one of those power supplies that have the terminals with a set screw in the side, you are limited to the number or wires or wire size which can be correctly inserted.

Here is what I did to remedy the situation.    I obtained two 10-32 x 2" brass screws from the hardware store.  I got 4 nuts, 2 for each screw, 4 flat washers, 2 for each screw and two wing nuts.   I then cut the head off of each screw and filed a flat spot about 1/2 " long and deep enough to removed the threads. This modified screw was then inserted into the power supply terminal so that the flat spot aligned with the set screw. Tighten the set screw.  Then run two of the nuts on the protruding screw, just up to the power supply connector, but not tight against it,  and the second nut against the first to form a jam-nut.  Add a flat washer, add all the ring terminals you wish, and then a flat washer and finally the wing nut.   Do the same for the other terminal.   Now you have plenty of stud length and have not actually modified your power supply.  Some fear making modifications for fear of loosing warranty coverage.

As a bonus, should you desire to remove the power supply, loosen the set screws on the power supply connector and pull out the entire bolt/stud assembly, ring terminals and wires, leaving them attached.   Only one set screw to loosen removes the entire assembly.  Now how neat is that?

73

Bob, K4TAX