Is Finkleman the guy with the 'half glasses' ?? Took my test from him in 1966, as did my father just before WWII...

73,
Frank, W2YK

At 01:59 AM 5/1/2020, Steve Lawrence via Elecraft wrote:
FCC office in lower Manhattan. Finkleman's exam chairs were school desk writing arm chairs. The writing surface had grooves everywhere. They were the size of the Grand Canyon. You were given a very thin sheet of paper and a dull pencil to write your copy. I could barely get the pencil out of a groove to write the next letter. Felt deliberate.

73 - Steve WB6RSE