There is the possibility that the 40 meter crystal has low activity.
Check the RF voltage at pin 4 of P1 on the band board.  You should read 70mV or more with an RF Probe or 200mV+ peak to peak if using a 'scope with a 10X probe.

A good working K1 will develop at least 5 watts.
Make up an RF probe if you don't have one.  It does not have to be fancy, just stick the component leads through a piece of cardboard and solder the leads together.  You need a 1N34 diode (not a silicon diode) Elecraft does have a kit.

73,
Don W3FPR